Madison Telephone Company proudly offers voice telephony services and functionalities designed to exceed the Federal Communication Commission's requirements as stated in C.F.R. § 54.101, including:
· Single-party service, including local usage
· Access to interexchange service through public switched network
· Dual-tone, multi-frequency signaling
· Access to emergency services
· Access to operator services and directory assistance services
· Toll limitation for qualifying low-income consumers
The current rates and charges for the above-listed services and functionalities can be found in the tariffs on file at the appropriate governing agencies and are subject to change upon proper notice. See the National Exchange Carrier Association (NECA) Tariff Number 5 on file with the FCC and Madison Telephone Company Tariff Number 18 on file with the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC).
If you would like to support the Link-Up and Lifeline Programs which help qualified low-income households pay for telephone service installation or monthly local service charges, you may contribute on your monthly phone bill. To learn more about contributing, please contact Madison's Business Office at 1-800-422-4848.